Construction Manager, NGAN
Military Experience Welcomed!
Responsible for managing all activities in support of Next Generation Access Network (NGAN) plant upgrades. Works closely with the leadership team to develop budgets and allocate appropriate funds for these construction efforts. Provides management support for Planning, Fiber Construction, and Project Management: planning, executing, and evaluating projects according to predetermined timelines and budgets. Has accountability for managing financial resources. Provides subject matter guidance to employees. Has overall responsibility for developing/administering performance standards for organizational project teams ensuring quality control throughout the project lifecycle. Manages indirect team which may include exempt and non-exempt employees. Provides subject matter guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies, assist in development, and meeting of, departmental budget. Responsible for managing designs and construction of all activities in support of plant constructions, rebuilds, and existing plant upgrades. Works closely with the leadership team to develop budgets and allocate appropriate funds for new builds, rebuilds, upgrades, and other construction efforts. Provides management support for Design, Construction, Fiber Construction, Planned and Emergency Restoration, Utility Relations, and Project Management. Has accountability for managing financial resources. Provides subject matter guidance to employees. Has overall responsibility for developing/administering performance standards for organizational unit. Manages team which may include exempt and non-exempt employees. Provides subject matter guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies, assist in development, and meeting of, departmental budget.
- Works all communications channels adeptly in order to move the project at the speed and in the direction required to manage appropriate outcomes.
- Facilitation. Must have facilitation skills to control the room, the call, the project. Ability to get the right people, to get the right results, with well-crafted soft skills.
- Problem Solving with a Solutions Focus. A willingness and desire to take on gaps, situations, and issues to facilitate resolutions and offer management options.
- Schedules construction projects; oversees compliance of safety standards and quality control of construction projects.
- Initiates and monitors processes for expenditures and ensures budgets are met.
- Verifies that applicable construction codes and safety regulations are being upheld.
- Maintains a high level of productivity, assuring time-frames are met for projects occurring simultaneously and tracks and generates reports on project status.
- Manages all projects to meet or exceed minimum specification to Company Construction Policy, FCC Technical Standards, NEC, OSHA, State, County and/or City and all other applicable agencies.
- Maintains an invoice verification program on all contractor projects.
- Works with Marketing and Commercial Development to ensure budgeted subscribers are built, activated, and/or upgraded, as needed.
- Manages Supervisors, Specialists and Technicians to provide feedback in order to help employees with career development.
- Practices and ensures Company safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level-Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study-Engineering, Finance
Years of Experience-Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
- Working knowledge of Project Success Institute (PSI) methodology
- Advanced Microsoft Project Skills, preferred intermediate Microsoft Project Server Skills
- Intermediate Job Tracking Skills, willingness to become advanced with Polaris
- Advanced customer centric skills, with a working knowledge of NPS
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer