Specialist 2, Workplace Safety
Responsible for management and administration of the Workplace Safety
department. Develops and directs the implementation of safety programs
to assure management takes the actions needed to raise employee
awareness of risks and to reduce, avoid, and protect employees from
hazards in the workplace, including occupational illness or disease.
Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Investigates accidents and analyzes accident data to evaluate the
effectiveness of accident prevention and loss control programs. Compiles
and presents statistics for internal use and external groups.
- Prepares materials for, and conducts, safety meetings for employees
and work groups. Provides guidance to safety committees on improving the
effectiveness of safety processes.
- Recommends necessary changes to safety processes, including safety
rules, practices, training and personal protective equipment programs.
- Reviews and selects safety equipment to maintain and improve the
Company's safety equipment standards program. Works with employees and
supervisors to ensure standard tools and equipment minimize risks to
employee health and safety.
- Researches federal, state, and local standards and regulations. Acts
in an advisory capacity to the organization on regulatory compliance
- Prepares material for use in safety training programs.
- Maintains databases for material safety data sheets.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is anEOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.