Sr. Data Analyst, Compliance
Responsible for defining business intelligence requirements to communicate compliance with internal and external obligations for Comcast's product and technical operations (e.g, accessibility regulations, product marketing accuracy, reporting obligations); design, build, and test sets of reporting and analytic business intelligence programs. Provide backup support for our report operations team and assist in responding to questions regarding our core operational reports. The Reporting Analyst is responsible for providing analytical and process support for a variety of operational compliance focus areas such as, Local Franchise Submission, technical operations monitoring, Customer Consent, etc. Works cross-functionally to collect data and makes actionable recommendations at all levels. Infers trends from a variety of data sources and confidently delivers their interpretation; makes recommendations to executives. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Develop, iterate, and maintain key performance indicators and end to end dashboards to convey compliance with internal and external benchmarks.
- Analyze and clearly communicate data. Create front-end data visualizations that succinctly tell a story based on your data analysis. Present data informed conclusions to customers seeking answers. Experience in any BI tool a must. (Tableau, Cognos, OBIEE, SSRS)
- Develop reports and analysis using Microsoft Excel. Automate update of continuous reports developed in Excel. Visual Basic experience a plus.
- Develop operational reporting. Experience preferred.
- Communicate with our internal customers on a regular basis and ensure we deliver analysis\reports timely, ensure the customer understands the analysis\report, and see analysis\report requests through from the beginning to the end. Ask internal customers probing questions in order to deliver the appropriate analysis. Internal customer service experience a must.
- Work in high paced report operations environment and ensure all reports delivered on time. Answer customer inquiries promptly. Backup report operations project lead and assist in responding to questions for core reporting.
- Pay close attention to details and have the ability to quality assure your own work. Reconcile data when data integrity issues present.
- Performs all business intelligence analysis and data exploitation. Extracts signals and signatures from raw data, integrates that information with other data sources and compiles/disseminates formatted reports to customers. Must have strong SQL, Oracle, and data ingestion skills.
- Front end User Interface development skills, such as Java Script, Pearl, HTML, ASP
- Recommends improvements to competitive business intelligence reports and interpretation of data by sales, business development, product, and executive committees.
- Leads the analysis and reconciliation of data and reporting projects and initiatives delivery.
- Develops, maintains, and reports all relevant product, site, and customer metrics and applies findings to develop appropriate goals and projections.
- Trains others throughout the organization in using key analytical and forecasting tools and statistical analysis.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Leads analysis and design of existing and new business processes that span multiple areas of the organization, including Customer Operations, Sales Operations, Marketing, Training, Finance and Legal.
- Develops scalable processes to support and benefit the Company's architecture vision.
- Deconstructs technical concepts and metrics to facilitate process development.
- Helps to define success metrics for each new system or process and establishes a plan to track, monitor, and measure the success of those metrics.
- Completes assessments of business processes and documents each of the following areas: problem statements, process flows, gap analyses, and solution recommendations.
- Develops repeatable, and thus scalable, plans and processes in order to speed time to market and improve operational efficiency.
- Interacts closely with matrixed cross-functional teams (both field and corporate) in order to secure alignment.
- Diagnoses, corrects, and documents issues, risks, and problems using Quality Assurance (QA) practices.
- 2-5 years of Data Analysis experience.
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent.
- Proficient/Advanced in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with requirements gathering, analysis and documentation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present data to higher level managers.
- Ability to operate effectively in a large, complex, and diverse global organization.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer