Director 1, Engineering Operations
Responsible for directing and implementing the strategic and financial
operations of all Engineering Repair and Support Domain Tools. By coordinating budgets, providing strategic operational direction, and ensuring organizational
effectiveness. Monitors compliance with corporate and division customer
experience standards, policies, and procedures. Implements and promotes a
customer-driven service culture. Acts as a champion through continued
focus on proactively identifying and addressing processes impacting
engineering development for operational tools. Provides leadership and direction for team which may include multiple functional areas. Develops and implements strategy prioritization for multiple operational tools. Responsible for partnering with field operations and development operations teams to focus on priorities and execution.
-Key leader coordinating with Service Domain partners supporting multiple operational tools such as National Watchtower, TTS, NetMon, Sasqwatch, and other field support tools utilized daily to support customer experience.
-Coordinates Technical and Engineering budget and manages system changes and expenditures to prioritize projects associated with the technical department to operate within budget guidelines.
- Facilitates Technical and Engineering leaders to meet goals and projects, generate reporting and summary progress to communication priorities and execution updates.
- Monitors technical performance to comply with all industry and Company technical
requirements. Create summary execution reporting and data tracking.
- Ensures that regional service, governmental and franchise demands are met
effectively and efficiently through organizing, planning, scheduling and dispatching of
staff and equipment.
- Ensures competence and continuity of qualified staff through optimum selection,
development, appraisal and motivation techniques in accordance with the system EEO
policy and appropriate policies and procedures.
- Functions as a chief technical resource to leadership team to assist in Technical and
Engineering planning and decision making.
- Develops and maintains good relations with domain user teams and development teams.
- Ensures that industry standards are consistently met and that technical operations
comply with Company, OSHA and other applicable safety programs.
- Meets all quarterly objectives associated with position.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and
weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer