Eng 3, Software Dev & Engineering
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web
applications. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new
applications. Documents all development activity. Assists with
training non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience, knowledge
and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities.
Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements.
Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under
development, and customizes current applications. Assists with the software update
process for existing applications, and roll-outs of software releases.
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including
software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal
recommendations and reports.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature,
patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with
regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for
junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and
their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign
skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and
weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
-Scala: 1-5 years (at least 2 years)
-Java: 1-5 years (at least 2 years)
-Nice to have: Kafka, Cloud Foundry, AWS, Gradle, GoCD, Agile development methodology/Rally, Angual JS, Elastic Search/Kibana, Application Dynamics, Grafana, Ansible, scripting languages such as Python, active-active architectures, highly available systems
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of
work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer