Principal Software Engineer, Xfinity Home
Comcast is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in Austin, TX. This group is responsible for ensuring the timely development, testing, and release of the new Xfinity Home platform with a high degree of quality that exceeds customer expectations.
In this role you will collaborate with other developers, designers, testers, and product managers to develop features for the Xfinity Home and Digital Home platforms. The primary responsibilities will include developing end to end prototypes from devices to AWS to mobile in a true full stack development. You must be able to pick up new languages and technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience in IOT from device to the cloud. Job duties include a balance between development and fast-paced critical thinking, communication, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- 8+ years experience programming
- Team enhancing mentality
- Experience building and consuming RESTful web services
- Fundamental understanding of the HTTP protocol
- IOT development experience or strong interest in IOT domain
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Knowledge in several of: Amazon Web Services, Restful Endpoints, Serverless
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Knowledge of source control systems (GitHubEnterprise)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment tools (Jenkins)
- Familiarity with cloud computing (S3, SQS, Lambda, ML )
- UNIX background (Solaris/Linux/Embedded a bonus)
- DevOps experience
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent work experience
- Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent
Our Engineers are passionate about teamwork, developing our skills, and creating awesome experiences for customers. We are fortunate to do what we love, every day. Join us!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer