Principal Software Engineer, Video
Looking for a Principal SW Engineer for therole of driving thedevelopment andintegration of Partner /Third-party Video Applications to co-exist along with other SW modules. Looking for a talented and self-motivated individual with a strong technical background, demonstrated mastery of computer science fundamentals, and a history of successful contributions in a fast-paced and large-scale environment.
This position will work with partners and internal dev teams to study all therequirements,various features available on the existing X1 platforms to supportthe 3rd party Video Application needs and plan for thesuccessful integration. This senior-level hands-on contributor will drive the execution and successful delivery of these applications and features to customers.
- Responsible for planning, design and integration of Partner/Third-party Video Applications in to the existing SW on STB.
- Analysis of the requirements of the Partner Video Applications, provide proofs of concept to show the feasibility of running such applications.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product andtechnical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Design & Develop necessary glue modules to seamlessly integrate the Partner Video applications.
- Hands-on development work and drive a team of internal/external Engineers and be able to deliver towards the project deadlines.
- Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.
- Works in a Devops model to independently develop sw, get it through testing and ready to release
- Drives issues through closure engaging all appropriate resources. Leads technical bridges and provides troubleshooting direction.
- Functions with great autonomy and independently provides guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues within and outside the department.
- Bachelors Degreeor Equivalentin "Computer ScienceEngineering" or related field
- Good working experience in embedded system environment.
- Expertise in Graphics (working knowledge of EGL, openGL and other graphics technologies and APIs),
- Video pipelines (like GStreamer); media buffer handling
- Knowledge of Video/Audio codecs and Media Containers (ie MPeg4, MPeg2, HLS, DASH etc)
- Working Experience with Git (and other source control tools), Yocto build framework is preferable.
- Experience in performance analysis and improvements.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Good communication skills and able to clearly articulate complex issues and technologies
- Comfortable working in a fast paced agile environment. Requirements change quickly and our team needs to constantly adapt to moving targets.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer