Engineer 3,Front-end Developer, machineQ
Comcast's machineQ business is focused on building networks and a platform for connected things, which will enable a new approach to managing our businesses, our communities, and our lives. Our mission is to help organizations leverage the latest in sensor, network, and software technologies to gather, transmit, and create actionable intelligence from the physical world. From improving the customer experience to creating new revenue opportunities, organizations are transforming how they operate with machineQ services. As a "start-up" within a Fortune 50 company, the machineQ business is uniquely positioned to leverage assets across Comcast's group of companies and brands, while at the same time remaining focused and agile to drive innovation in this emerging sector.
We are seeking an Engineer 3 level front-end developer proficient in modern web-based SPA design, focusing on our customer-facing IoT management platform. The successful candidate will focus on streamlining the application, with an emphasis on usability, speed, and accessibility.
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications. Documents all development activity. Assists with training non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
-Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
-Develop and maintain end-user facing features
-Build reusable React modules and libraries
-Ensure the technical feasibility and usability of UI/UX designs
-Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
-Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders, communicating roadblocks, etc
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
-Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
-Field of Study-Engineering, Computer Science
-Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
-Strong understanding of React
-Basic understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
-Good understanding of asynchronous request handling and SPA concepts
-Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
-Proficient understanding of git
-Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
Additional Desirable Experience:
-Understanding of modern UX/UI concepts and implementation
-Understanding of modern OOP practices in other languages
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer