ETL Developer Engineer Level 2
Job Title Development Engineer Level 2
- Support and enhance the data pipeline framework of our product and enable its deployment and automation.
- Design, develop and support scalable ETL components to aggregate and move data from a variety of structured and unstructured data sources to the data warehouse/big data platform
- Support data pipelines and automate, control and monitor data movements and deploy appropriate control mechanisms for alerts, traceability, data validation, archival etc.
- Work closely with the business domain and with the technical team members
- Work with our global team to deliver results
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with Linux especially SFTP, FTP, SSH, File Systems etc.
- Proficient in Scripting languages (Shell/Bash/Python)
- Experience in building scalable data pipelines using ETL platforms pentaho, Informatics etc.
- Knowledge on Pentaho Data Integrator (PDI) is a plus
- Good knowledge on various data sources such as Oracle, PLSQL, Big Data environments like Cloudera, Hartonworks, Hive, HDFS etc.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Technology or Engineering disciplines, preferably in Computer Science
- Should enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong verbal and written business communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels
Education Qualification & Work Experience Criteria:
· Bachelors, Master's degree in technical, business discipline, or equivalent experience.
· 4-6 years of professional experience.
Comcast NBCUniversal is an Equal Opportunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer.