Manager, Financial Information Systems / Business Process
Supports change to accounting and finance processes and systems on behalf
of the Comcast Business Finance organization.Participates in design activities
related to Comcast's Sales, Order and Billing platform for Mid-Market and Enterprise
customers.Facilitates design workshops, manages business requirements
gathering and lends subject matter specialization in accounting and finance.
Leads multiple and simultaneous projects of varying complexity.
- Support the Sr. Director, Business Process Management on major busines
process transformation projects and system developments, driving change
in a quickly evolving business unit.
- Lead workshops and requirements gathering sessions for finance, accounting,
FP&A, tax and sales compensation SMEs and stakeholders.
- Refine requirements for revenue recognition, A/R, credit & collections,
taxation, sales compensation, accounting & financial reporting business processes.
- Refine requirements for telecommunications billing operations and bill
presentment and taxation.
- Refine requirements for analysis and workflow over deal profitability.
- Consult with business and technology SMEs to recommend functional
designs that maximize efficiency and internal control.
- Facilitate and participate in test cycles, ensuring that all scenarios are
identified and tested.
- Map existing finance and accounting processes and recommend solutions
that work with changing systems and platforms.
- Provide subject matter specialization in revenue recognition, accounting
and design of general ledger interfaces.
- Manage project plans and take responsibility for status, reporting and
- Design and integrate business processes that take full advantage of
- Design internal controls to ensure compliance with company financial
policies, accounting practices and adherence to the Company's SOX
- Coordinate and participate in program launches, ensuring that financial
and operational issues are identified and resolved and that changes are
- Manage team members and external consultants to ensure alignment
of tasks and high-quality work product.
- Demonstrate high quality oral and written communication. Deal regularly
with all levels of Company management.
- Maintain a continuous presence with business partners in the program to
understand risks, issues and actions.
- Pursue continuous professional development through training, certifications
- Actively participate in Comcast and other external community activities / service.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Information Systems preferred.
- CPA preferred. Public or private accounting experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years progressively increasing responsibilities
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an audit, accounting, business controls
or financial systems development environment.
- Experience with large-scale system developments or business process
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with 2+ years of experience in
analyzing data in support of issue identification and resolution.
- Excellent written and oral communications and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Strong planning and organization skills with proven ability to manage workstreams
and lead the work of virtual teams.
- Able to manage virtual teams.
- Strong PC skills and proficiency with Microsoft Suite.
- Approximately 10-20% travel (within the US).
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer