Dir, Internal Comms, Products & Services
At Comcast, we're committed to delivering amazing products and a customer experience that people love and trust; and our employees are pivotal to our success. As we seek to always exceed the expectations of our customers, we're more focused than ever on engaging and equipping our employees with the right information, tools and resources to do so.
In support of these efforts, we are seeking a Director of Internal Communications to join our team an individual who shares our company's passion for innovation and for delivering a great product and customer experience.
The role of Director, Employee Communications, Products and Services, will support all internal communications activities related to educating and marketing Comcast's full array of Xfinity products and services (Internet, Video, Voice, Home and Mobile) to our 90,000+ corporate and cable employees. This individual will partner with Executives and Leaders, as well as Communicators companywide, to drive and integrate communications strategies across the business. He/she will be a key contributor in a fast-paced, complex and constantly changing environment. He/she will lead teams or projects, leveraging communications expertise-and be part of cross-functional teams established to implement new product launches and initiatives.
- Develops and executes strategic employee communications and engagement plans designed to support our business objectives of innovating and simplifying the product experience, driving growth and improving the overall customer experience.
- Works with various teams, including Xfinity Services, Technology, Product, Xperience (TPX), Learning & Development, Sales & Marketing and External Communications to develop communications strategies and materials that help internal audiences engage in and promote the brand.
- Acts as key liaison to Executives and Leaders at both Corporate Headquarters and within the Field Organization to ensure awareness and understanding of employee-facing communications strategies, plans, tools and resources, etc.
- Partners closely with the extended Internal Communications network (HR, Division, Region, Business Unit and Functional Communicators) to ensure alignment across the company and the timely and effective dissemination of messaging and materials to employees.
- Drafts internal announcements and content specific to product launches, enhancements and milestones; writes effectively and with appropriate tone for internal audiences.
- Strengthens and develops new strategies for how to reach employees across our diverse population who work in and outside of the physical workplace. Relies on data and analytics to assess communications effectiveness and refine and improve approaches.
- Keeps communications fresh, creative, and engaging; regularly develops and explores new ideas and strategies, such as the use of digital technology and platforms, video, graphic design, demos and webinars, etc.
- Project manages and executes employee events and activities.
- Leads and develops one direct report.
- Manages consultants/contracted resources as needed, including creative agencies, event planning firms, graphic designers, etc.
- Assists with annual budget (i.e., people and expense dollars).
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 10 to 15 years of experience and Bachelor's Degree required; background in Internal Communications, Public Relations and Marketing preferred.
- Proven experience with designing and executing strategic communications plans to reach target audiences.
- Previous in-house corporate communications experience is preferred.
- Ability to effectively work with internal and external communications teams to align messaging.
- Previous people management experience.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Efficient, fast-working, results-oriented creative leader; ability to distill complex concepts into key messages.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective partnerships across an organization at all levels.
- Graphic design experience is highly desirable.
- Video production experience a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer