Product Security Engineer
Do you enjoy uncovering the security flaws in a product or system?
Are you an ethical hacker familiar with Responsible Disclosure?
Do you want to play a key role in securing Comcast's next-generation broadband and video products?
If yes, we want to hear from you!
In This Role
- You will play a key role in reviewing, analyzing, and researching security vulnerabilities affecting Comcast products. You will drive identification of root cause and work directly with product teams and system owners to identify and validate appropriate mitigations and fixes and follow to closure responsibly.
What you will do
- Manage queue of reported vulnerabilities, ensuring accuracy and common understanding
- Validate, analyze, and prioritize findings and drive vulnerabilities through to resolution
- Ensure effective and timely communication throughout the entire process
- Partner with other engineers on mitigations and remediation
- Capture essential incident information including mitigation and remediation details
- Participate in continuous optimization of the [vulnerability] process
What you should possess
- Experience with vulnerability management practices and common vulnerabilities
- Broad technical knowledge including systems administration, networking, and security engineering
- Experience with penetration testing and systems auditing including validation tools
- Awareness of secure development lifecycles and responsible disclosure practices
- Ability to collaborate effectively with security and development teams on incident remediation
- Strong oral and written communication skills, particularly in demanding situations
- Passion for cybersecurity, an entrepreneurial spirit, persistence, and resourcefulness
What success looks like
- Product vulnerabilities are remediated promptly and with minimal impact to customers
- Communications accelerate issue understanding and resolution
- Responding to findings becomes a repeatable process with internal partners.
What You Can Expect
- A cool and casual work environment with opportunities to showcase your skills
- A culture of innovation and continuous learning
- Training, support, and mentoring to expand and evolve your expertise
- Opportunities to impact the security of Comcast products in millions of homes and businesses
What We Require
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in engineering or computer science
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.