Senior Software Engineer
Software Engineer, CoMPASS Recommendations Team
The X1 platform is revolutionizing the TV viewing experience. A critical part of that is helping our customers get to the content they love quicker and easily discover new content. The CoMPASS Recommendations Team is in the business of making data driven decisions to build a sophisticated system which helps X1 users find the shows they love as well as new content tailored to their unique interests. We're looking for a talented software engineer who is excited to build a performant, scalable, robustsystem to improve the content discovery experience on the X1 platform.
Software Engineers on the recommendations team are involved in all phases of development, from turning product requirements into fully operationalized production systems.
Example of projects you'll work on:
- Contribute to the personalization platform that includes real time relevancy and content recommendations with the goal of putting the most relevant content for our customers.
- Contribute to our recommendations algorithms utilizing the latest Machine Learning and Deep Learning libraries.
- Contribute to our big data platform in AWS, with an emphasis in utilizing all the managed services AWS has to offer.
- Build jobs that leverage the latest streaming and batch processing frameworks to build our data pipeline to gather the signals we need to support the recommendations platform [Think 10s of millions of users].
- Contribute to our web-service tier that services millions of requests per day.
- Fluent in JVM based languages such as Java or Scala.
- Experience developing software using the Spark and Flink frameworks
- Working knowledge of developing and maintaining services that run in AWS.
- Exceptional communication skills: verbal, written and listening
- Knowledge of Machine Learning or AI techniques
- Desire to learn and keep up with the latest technologies in the big data realm.
- Exposure to recommender systems
- Experience building production-grade web services
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent-Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5+ years related experience
Military Experience Valued
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer