Sr. Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer in the CPE SW Platform Engineering group provides technical leadership across Video CPE products and technologies. The individual in this role will be responsible for building and enhancing the browser platform for embedded devices and IPTV media player platform to most efficiently consume IP Video streams delivered to the CPE device using adaptive streaming protocols such as DASH/HLS. This role also needs the evaluation of new products/features, and drives new feature and product initiatives into the Quality Assurance organizations and Operations and will be looked to as the SME in web browser and IP Video player space.
The role requires strong leadership and solid communications skills. The Engineer position requires the ability to work with Product Managers to define product requirements, provide direction to the Product Development engineering team, and drive the product through development and testing.
The Engineer must be able to work with cross-functional team members to identify tasks, drive development, and serve as technical interface to vendors, RDK community partners and open source community to drive technology into our products.
- Work with cross-functional teams, third party vendors, and company product managers to define product specifications / technical requirements, and provide leadership in delivering quality products in a timely fashion
- Keeps current with technological developments within IP Video and web browser industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products and constantly strives to build best in class solutions for our customers
- Provides technical leadership throughout the software life cycle process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior Engineers
- Communicate with stakeholders including development teams, operations, product and Sr. Leadership as required
- At least 6 year's software development experience with a recent focus on browser platforms on embedded devices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; Masters degree in Computer Science preferred
- Strong programming language skill in C/C++ in embedded environment
- Good understanding of Webkit Browser and Media handling
- Experience with a variety of scripting languages such as Bash and Python
- Knowledge about FFMPEG, DASH-BMFF, HLS, MPEG2 TS and DRM such as PlayReady, Widevine etc is a plus
- Well-versed and proficient with networking technologies and protocols
- Proficient in Unix/Linux environments
- Strong design and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Fast learner with a strong desire to learn
- Team player comfortable working in a fast paced agile environment
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer