Platform Systems Engineer
Are you passionate about technology? Do you want to take your career to the next level and learn highly sought after skills? Do you enjoy challenges and collaborating with highly-motivated people like yourself? Do you thrive on problems solving that leads job satisfaction while fixing issues?
As a platform systems engineer you'll be focusing on designing and deploying infrastructure platforms, from hardware up to virtualization. You will also be responsible for trouble-shooting issues related to compute platforms, virtualization and general network connectivity issues related to supporting IP video.
The VIPER platform infrastructure engineering team is a fast-moving team of world-class experts who are innovating in end-to-end video delivery. We are a team that thrives on big challenges, results, quality, and agility. To be successful at VIPER, you'll have to have the right attitude and a pull yourself up by the bootstraps mentality. This is an excellent opportunity to take part in the evolution of Comcast's IP video delivery.
- Gathers requirements from key stakeholders and translates those into technical requirements.
- Comprehends and implements technical systems infrastructure solutions to support development and deployment of IP video technologies and services.
- Provides systems level management and technical oversight for all systems supporting VIPER.
- Interprets and produces documentation artifacts in relation to system designs, systems administration and infrastructure standards.
Here are some of the specific technologies you can expect to use within VIPER Platform Engineering:
- Operating Systems & Applications
- CentOS, CoreOS Linux
- Apache, IPVS
- Jira & Confluence
- Virtualization Platforms
- VMware, OpenStack
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Compute, Storage & Network Platforms
- Generic Compute & Cisco UCS
- Object Storage, NetApp NAS storage
- Cisco Nexus & Arista Networks
Skills & Requirements
- At least 3 years of experience installing, configuring and managing a variety of Linux based systems.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong willingness to grow your skills, while learning new technologies.
- Intermediate troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of virtualization technologies.
- Basic scripting and automation skills.
- Basic presentation and reporting skills.
- Basic experience with DNS and DHCP.
- Basic knowledge of NAS/NFS storage technologies.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts (VLAN, TCP/IP, Multicast, Unicast, OSI).
- Working knowledge of data center operations.
- High attention to detail and strong ability to problem solve systems issues.
- Willing to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced agile environment. Requirements change quickly and our team needs to constantly adapt to moving targets.
About Comcast VIPER (Video IP Engineering & Research)
VIPER(Video IP Engineering & Research), is a startup division within Comcast's Technology and Product Division and spun out from IP Video and online projects originated within Comcast Interactive Media is based in downtown Denver, CO. We are a cloud-based, IP video infrastructure that's been built to deliver a broad mix of on-demand video, live TV streams and an assortment of other digital media to an array of connected devices in the home.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer