Senior Director, Public Policy
- Identifying emerging public policy issues particularly focused on market structure and competitive dynamics, and develop company's positions and key messages on those issues.
- Perform research and analysis, and prepare succinct analysis and talking points to develop and support company's public policy positions.
- Work with legislative, regulatory, external affairs, and corporate communications teams to build creative public and opinion-leader support for the company's positions.
- Work with internal and outside experts in economics, engineering, law, and other disciplines, and with trade associations, think tanks and academics to develop impactful policy analysis.
- Engage company's business units regarding public policy issues and market developments, and develop and execute comprehensive plans to address them.
- Represent company at external events, including participation on expert panels and in events and activities with other thought leaders.
- Advanced economics degree, or JD combined with undergraduate economics degree, 5-10 years of public policy, market analysis, or business strategy experience. Combination of private and public sector experience preferred.
- Wide-ranging substantive expertise and strong analytic skills in public policy, competitive and market dynamic issues affecting the communications, tech, and media sectors strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to write and speak clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences essential.
- Track record as a strong and effective leader and proven ability to collaborate with diverse, cross-functional teams to execute complex projects. .
- Proven track record using campaign techniques to build coalitions and work effectively with advocacy organizations and think tanks.
- Excellent research and analytic skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistently high quality work product.
- Approximately 10-20% travel.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer