Software Engineer 2
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Edits new and existing applications. Implements, testing, and debugging defined software components. Documents all development activity. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Analyzes and determines integration needs.
- Evaluates and plans software designs, test results and technical manuals.
- Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Programs new software, web applications and supports new applications under development and the customization of current applications.
- Edits and reviews technical requirements documentation.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Hands-on experience in Java8/Python
- Understanding of OAUTH, micro service architecture, cloud native applications (AWS/Containers/CF)
- Hands-on experience in building REST API, security, unit testing, continuous integration /deployment
- Awareness of dev ops principles.
- Displays knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Computer Science, Engineering
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer