Local Media Development Analyst MBA Intern
The Comcast MBA Internship Program is an 11-week summer internship program designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students. In this program you will immerse yourself into the Comcast culture, working side by side with innovative and talented Comcasters. You will cultivate meaningful relationships and develop strong interpersonal and business skills that will set you apart from your peers.
Additionally, your experience will include:
- Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
- Professional Development: Exposure to a variety of professional development topics facilitated through our University Relations team and with senior leaders within the organization. These sessions include speaker series and networking opportunities.
- Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues through the Empowering Future Leaders Program (EFLP) to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network.
- Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
The Local Media Development Analyst MBA Intern would support data collection, analysis and reporting for Comcast's Local Media Development digital platforms. He or she will support aspects of existing platforms and new initiatives by projecting and tracking performance, deriving new insights from complex data, and visualizing outcomes in accordance with business needs and P&L opportunities. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collect, analyze and report data related to product performance and operations
- Develop key performance indicators; utilize data analysis to measure performance against objectives and identify improvement opportunities
- Consolidate data reports and deliverables to help drive data-based strategic decision making
- Prepare and maintain data dashboards
- Gather and analyze market data to help develop product and marketing strategy
- Research market conditions specific to each digital platform to determine potential opportunities
- Prepare and submits statistical reports, graphic illustrations of findings, and action plan recommendations
- Understand and practice various statistical concepts, research data, standards, and practices
- Partner with team members and business leaders to develop and understand performance metrics
- Partner with team members and business leaders to analyze qualitative and quantitative data to identify improvement opportunities
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Currently pursuing a full-time MBA with intended graduation between December 2018-May 2019
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a dynamic environment (e.g. entrepreneur, consulting, military, etc.)
- Experience with large datasets and generating simplified summaries and conclusions from data
- Experience creating compelling stories that drive sales strategy using various sources of data
- Strong analytical skills with ability to think strategically and critically
- Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines, and levels
- Experience with data visualization platforms such as Tableau
- Experience with market research analytics
- Curiosity and deep desire to learn
- Self-starter with ability to drive projects independently while managing multiple priorities
- Interest or experience in telecommunications, cable, media and technology industries
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident required
- Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer