Sr Design Engineer, Network Engineering
Responsible for acting as an individual contributor in one or more areas of expertise in collaboration with various cross-functional project teams. Exercises advanced engineering skills and methodology. Applies long-term objectives and plans related to the Company's technical vision to daily activity. Applies innovative solutions for engineering developmental problems that are competitive with industry and company standards. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Design Engineer acts as first technical POC between Sales and Service Delivery.
- Design Engineer is responsible for ensuring Comcast can deliver on what sales is offering the customer.
- Design Engineer is responsible for creating the technical solution which includes a Visio design and Bill of Materials in support of Business Services Ethernet sales opportunities.
- Design Engineer will work closely with sales team to create technical solution for pre-sale opportunities.
-If sold, Design Engineer will finalize Design and Bill of Materials for Service Delivery.
- Responsible for satisfying customer requirements while leveraging Comcast network resources (Fiber plant, Core eqpt, etc.) responsibly.
- Must learn and enforce the guidelines set forth by Network Architecture in support of Business Ethernet.
- Works closely with Network engineering and local teams to maintain network capacity and availability.
- Applies long-term objectives and plans related to the Company's technical vision to daily activity.
- Looks for ways to improve team production and efficiency.
- Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.
- Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.
- May be asked to lead special projects and/or maintain multiple markets simultaneously.
- Uses advanced engineering skills and knowledge to solve complexdevelopment problems and achieve engineering goals.
- Applies system architecture, design and specification within engineering projects and initiatives.
- Possesses the ability to rapidly grasp new technologies and abstractions and apply them in a meaningful way.
- Communicates results of applied work processes and practical application of technical standards into actionable insight.
- Recommends new resources to management and utilizes resources to solve complex development problems.
- Sets the tone and pace for work performance within project groups and impressionable Engineering staff.
- Reports on the progress of all technical projects towards the Company's engineering goals and strategies. Communicates feedback and analyses into actionable insight.
- Strives to achieve Company business objectives and engineering objectives in daily activity.
- Mentors team members.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
- Design Engineer must understand the different Ethernet product offerings EDI, EPL, EvPL, ENS.
- Understanding WDM Technology is required.
- Understanding of Layer 1, 2, and 3 technology is required.
- Knowledge of the various access methods (Fiber, EoHFC, Type II) is required.
- Knowledge of Juniper MX and Cisco ASR Routers is required.
- Knowledge of Juniper ACX Series and Ciena 3900/5100 Series is required.
- Should be comfortable Telnetting into live eqpt and reviewing configurations.
- Experience with providing solutions for 100G networks is ideal.
- Understanding of SD-WAN, Cloud and Wave technologies is preferred.
- Fluency in Microsoft Visio is preferred.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer