Devops Engineer Eng 2 - ACE
Job Title: Devops Engineer E 2
Education Qualification & Work Experience Criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Computer Science or IT or equivalent technical discipline)
- Minimum 3 Years of experience in a IT or product development or telecom or equivalent work environment.
- As a DevOps engineer and team member you will be assigned user stories in any of the following disciplines: Development; Test; Deployment; Operations; Automation; Tooling; Monitoring
- Full participant in On Call rotations; Daily SCRUMs; Iterative planning, grooming, retrospectives, Demos;
- Develop, test and deploy reliable, efficient and cost-effective automation solutions leveraging modern frameworks across multiple environments and using modern test approaches
- Work closely with onshore DevOps teams, Product and Development owners, in defining user story requirements.
- Drive automation development of new functionality ahead of, or in, the same iteration in which its' user story was completed. Immediate automation.
- Deliver high-reliability, cost-effective automation solutions to be used by offshore and onshore DevOps teams
- Able to adapt development, test, and automation solutions to the fast-paced DevOps paradigm
- Produce documentation of overall automation design, operation and test coverage
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance; able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Automation Tools/Frameworks Basic to advanced experience with Behavior driven, Keyword driven and Hybrid frameworks and built-in frameworks like Junit and TestNG, Cucumber, Fitnesse, Selenium.
- Performance automation tools- Bonus- Gatling, Jmeter, HP Performance Center
- Operating Systems: Proficient in Linux, Unix
- Networking: Basic to advanced networking knowledge and concepts: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SSL
- Virtualization: Basic to advanced experience with VMWare VSphere
- CI Build and Repository tools: Basic to advanced experience with Jenkins, GitHub, Maven
- Deployment automation: Bonus-Ansible; Docker; Kubernetes
- Traffic Shaping Technologies: Bonus-HAProxy, Nginx
- Programming Languages:
- Mandatory- Java/JEE, Bash/Shell Scripts, Basic Web Technologies
- Databases: Mandatory at least one: MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra
- Caching/Queing Technologies: Bonus RabbitMQ, Kafka, SQS, RIAK, HBase, Redis, Hazelcast
- US and Defect tracking tools: Basic to advanced experience with Jira and ALM
- Reporting Tools: Splunk, Graphana
- Monitoring: Nagios, etc
- Troubleshooting: Ping, traceroute, curl, wget, tcpdump, nmap
- Security best practices: public/private keys, vpn, vip and securid, radius
Comcast NBCUniversal is an Equal Oppurtunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer