Human Resources Generalist
Generalist, Human Resources
Responsible for acting as the primary point of contact for all Human Resources administrative matters within the Corporate Headquarters. Responsible for researching and policy-writing for the various rules and regulations that affect Human Resources. Ensures that department policies and procedures are in compliance with various Human Resources and Labor laws. Maintains ongoing compliance with all regulations that affect the Human Resources division and communicates any changes to the management team. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Provides support in the areas of staffing, recruitment and selection, employee relations, wage and salary administration, and employee training/orientation.
- Assists in evaluation of reports in relation to the department's established goals.
- Investigates employee complaints, discrimination charges and assists in the resolution of employee issues.
- Supports leadership planning and responds to feedback from management and employees through various sources including surveys, suggestions, and employee advisory groups.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Partners with groups including Payroll, Legal, Compliance, HR Information Systems, IT, Security, Facilities, and others to support all people-related transactions at Headquarters-everything including new hires, terminations, promotions, salary adjustments, HR record keeping, HR compliance, etc. to ensure timely and efficient processing of documents associated with all Human Resources-related activity.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of salary actions including merit, promotions, salary adjustments, personnel data, termination, and severance administration.
- Maintains records in line with Company retention requirements.
- Handles escalated ESS/MSS inquiries. Interprets policies and guidelines, and advanced tax and payroll issues.
- Handles escalated employee relations questions.
- Communicates and resolves escalated employee inquires delegated by HR Leaders.
- Executes and enhances process work supported by the HR Shared Services organization.
- Partners with other HR departments to promote team alignment. Works with HR services and HR Leaders to support new services.
- Audits the employee database and provides recommendations and solutions for improvements.
- Investigates unique/complex HR-related issues that are outside the scope of basic training and resolves those directly with employees and managers.
- Supports and processes work, as assigned. Continually evaluates existing work processes and prospective processes work to ensure the most effective use of resources.
- Makes recommendations for process improvements and partners with the appropriate parties to test and implement improvements.
- Partners with other HR services and HR Leaders to facilitate knowledge transfer between HR departments.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer