National Pre-Sales Engineer (SE4)
Responsible for providing subject matter expertise on the design and implementation of complex data network and voice solutions for business class customers across a national footprint. Works as a collaborative member of the sales team to market and sell the Company's product lines. Provides insight to customers on current network solutions. Works closely with account executives on presentations and the technical design of new sales. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Provide timely, technical support and problem resolution for field service questions on a national level.
- Assist the Account Management Team and Sales leadership in the development of the overall business strategy to acquire new customers. Contributes to costing and pricing of a solution.
- Assist in generating new business and ensure growth of existing accounts.
- Design solutions for the customer that meets their business applications, as well as assures protected circuit design, disaster recovery situations, and appropriate bandwidth for future growth.
- Translate complex technical design requirements into information that customers can understand and respond to.
- Serve as a national technical expert to review RFP responses for content and accuracy before they are submitted.
- Provide technical support for National events and technical trade shows.
- Participate in technology transfer training activities in the Sales Engineering group as new technologies are introduced across the Comcast Business product line.
- Develop, deliver and run effective presentations, meetings, client interviews and facilitate a group workshop.
- Work with Comcast Business Network Engineering, Product Engineering, Product and the national engineering organization to acquire an intimate knowledge of all Comcast Business products concepts, process and procedures.
- Keep up to date on technological and market evolution as well as competitors' activities.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in Engineering
-CCNA/CCSA/CCNP/CCSP desired (or equivalent experience)
-MEF CECP/Cisco CMNA/Fortinet NSE/Ciena-CE-A/Juniper JNCIA (or other industry experience)
-Generally requires 5-7 years related experience, and 3+ years related experience working with Enterprise level customers on complex networks.
-Adept in developing and delivering technical presentations
-Experience with the following:
-MAN/WAN technologies including Carrier Ethernet, SD-WAN, IP-VPN/MPLS, Wavelength and SONET
-Internet, Peering, TCP/IP, Border Gateway Protocol
-Layer 1 Access Networks (Optical/WDM, Hybrid Fiber Coaxial, Twisted Pair Copper)
-Layer 2/3 networking and protocols (Switching/Bridging VLAN's, L2CP, Routing and Security)
-Advanced Voice networking technologies including VoIP, SIP, Packet Cable and TDM
-Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Orchestration and Cloud based solutions
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to explain technical concepts in simple and understandable terms to a layperson.
-Strong presentation skills.
-Able to accomplish tasks and projects without the need for constant supervision.
-Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Salesforce
-Team player, able to handle ambiguity, anticipate and react to changes quickly in a fast-paced sales environment
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer