Sr Engineer,Network Eng(Arch&Dsgn)
Be a part of a team of engineers leading innovation in network programmability for one of the largest Internet Service Providers in the world. As a member of a team of highly experienced engineers, accountable for the design, development and availability of Comcast's Core Network, you will challenge your technical skills and be a part of uncharted territory in network innovation.
As Comcast T&P Senior CRAN Network Engineer for the Core Integration Team will primarily be responsible for the infrastructure and core routing design of all Converged Regional Area Networks (CRANs). Additional duties will include advanced performance engineering, real time analysis and optimization of the existing CRAN. Each Comcast CRAN combines the following services voice, video, data and business services-onto a single converged IP infrastructure.
- Engineering design and support CRAN services across the nation.
- Lead efforts to automate internal processes and tools in order to improve overall consistency in routine engineering task execution.
- Drive towards an environment and architecture where programming networks can replace a model of traditional network configuration.
- Develop and/or improve best practices and procedures for network installation, maintenance and operation.
- Lead the Network Engineering plan of record including, business requirements, network strategy, project priority and financial budget plan.
- Demonstrate leadership in the development and planning for the roll-out of future hardware and software versions of CRAN/Commercial network devices.
- Create and document all high-level and detailed network designs.
- Model network capacity for failure scenarios to proactively predict routing and topology changes.
- Monitornetwork capacity, plan and implement market augments as necessary.
- Exercise sound judgment during site design, network configuration, and network activation to ensure efficient use of funds and time.
- Participate and/or lead assigned interdepartmental technical projects.
- Provide On-Call support, as necessary,focused onisolating and resolving network outages.
- Communicate applicable design guidelines and provide guidance to team to ensure compliance to network design standards.
Education and Experience:
- Strong scripting skills desired, in any of the following languages: Python, Perl, Unix, PHP, and MySQL
- 8+ years of hands-on IP router/switch/telephony customer premises equipment
- Aptitude and experience with programming the network versus configuring networks.
- Strong understanding of the high level design criteria for managing large data/voice communications networks in a decentralized environment
- CCNP/JNCIP or CCIE/JNCIE certified or equivalent on-the-job experience
- Expert understanding of IP routing (ISIS and BGP) and switching (Ethernet).
- Specific knowledge of Cisco and Juniper routers, especially ASR, MX, NCS and 7600 series is preferred. Broad knowledge of Cisco and Juniper configurations.
- Expert understanding of IPv4, IPv6, Multicast and QOS
- Advanced knowledge of MPLS.
- Extremely organized individual with the ability to manage multiple project, lead and/or participate on multiple project teams
- Solid business skills to effectively interact with internal business units and external vendors.
- Additional experience in server based technology, such as Unix/Linux is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent-- Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.