Support Engineer Level 3
As a member of our group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
- BS in computer science or related field
- Strong hands on programming and development experience (5+ years) in full software lifecycle with agile environment and willingness to work throughout project life cycle (design, development, testing, analysis, support and enhancements).
- Strong experience with service oriented architecture and object oriented design principles.
- Extensive experience of Web application development and & client/server development.
- Expert experience in Java, spring MVC, spring boot, hibernate, REST API and Web Services.
- Very good understanding of Elastic Search, MySQL, and other NoSQL Data Stores
- Expert knowledge of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP , REST
- 2 + years of building or using RESTful and SOAP web services experience.
- 4+ years of software development experience on J2EE platform is preferred.
- 4+ years of software development experience in standard J2EE frameworks like spring and hibernate is required.
- 2+ years of NodeJs experience in API development is required.
- Experience with multi-threaded applications, memory management
- Demonstrated experience in test-driven development using JUnit and Mockito, or similar unit testing frameworks
- Solid experience working in Linux environments, good scripting experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with data serialization formats like XML, JSON and protocol buffers
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins and build technologies like Maven is preferred.
- J2EE experience on App servers and containers such as Apache tomcat is required.
- Application support knowledge with ticketing systems such as remedy is a plus.
- Understanding of performance monitoring tools like App Dynamics, Grafana.
- In depth understanding of Cloud technologies like Cloud Foundry
- Good knowledge of source control systems( Subversion, Git )
- Familiarity with scrum tools like Jira and rally.
- DevOps experience is plus.
· Programming languages: Java 8 , SQL
· API design and development
· Web Services like RESTful and SOAP services
· Framework related to server side languages like: Spring Boot, Spring MVC
· MySQL, Elastic Search and other NoSQL databases.
· Jenkins continuous integration tool
· Maven build tool
· Spring Boot
· Client side frameworks AngularJS, BackboneJS
· Application monitoring tools like App Dynamics and Grafana.
· GitHub, Puppet
· Remedy, Radiation Board, Grafana
Comcast NBCUniversal is an Equal Oppurtunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer.