Software Engineer, Xfinity Home
Comcast is seeking a Software Engineer to join our engineering team in Austin, TX. This group is responsible for ensuring the timely development, testing, and release of embedded software for the Xfinity Home platform.
In this role, you will collaborate with other developers, designers, testers and product managers to develop and maintain features for the Xfinity Home and Digital Home platforms. You will be responsible for planning, designing, and developing new embedded software solutions. As a Software Engineer, you will be expected to work at all levels of the stack, from the application UI down to the low-level kernel and drivers with a fluency in more than one programming language. You must be passionate about new product opportunities and able to lead complex projects and meet deadlines. You will be expected to act as a resource and mentor for colleagues.
- Develops core product features
- Interacts with cross-functional engineering, product, verification, and test teams throughout the company
- Implements world-class software from planning to production
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
- Works with the test and verification team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Requires 0-2 years of software experience
- Proficient in software development including C, C++, and Java
- Knowledge of Android and Linux development platforms
- Strong communication skills
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience with wireless protocols, especially WiFi, ZigBee, and Bluetooth
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer