- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements.Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Responsible for planning, designing and development of new software and Software Defined Networking (SDN) applications.
- Collaborates with other Software Development Engineers
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Assists with technical leadership throughout the design process and assists in guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements. Tests and evaluates systems, subsystems, and components.
- Acts as a technical contact and liaison for outside vendors and/or customers.
- Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
-IP internetworking. Expertise in everything from BGP to packet forwarding behavior. IPv6 and IPv4. Overlay tunnels and security.
-Security practices- VPN, SSL, Access Control, Firewalls
-Overlay technologies- GRE, VXLAN, IPSEC, EVPN
-Ability to produce YANG models and familiarity with Open Config
-Computer systems. Unix kernel architecture to system administration. Experience with Linux, *BSD, OpenWRT.
-Low-level software development. Expert understanding of C, kernel interfaces. Intel x86 and ARM systems architecture.
-High-level software development. Java, Python, Go, etc.
-Ability to quickly produce proofs-of-concept, but with a vision of how to turn that into a stable, scalable and sustainable application.
-Specific knowledge of Cisco XR and Juniper routers.
-Automation/scripting solutions for performing operational tasks. (Ansible, Perl, Python, Unix shell), API (REST, SOAP). Understanding of web development components (XML, HTML, CSS, JSON)
-Experience with AWS tools and deployments. OpenStack knowledge is a plus.
-Understanding of DHCP, DNS, NTP, SNMP, Telemetry, AAA, Configuration Management, Policy based routing.
-Technical background in servers, virtualization, networking, infrastructure management, and security.
Other desirable skills not limited to:
-Working with Open Source. Both as a user and community contributor.
-Kernel development. Linux, *BSD, OpenWRT.
-Application/Server development. POSIX interface, networking, application environments, high-availability,
-Virtualization, containers. QEMU-KVM/libvirt, VMware, OpenStack, AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant.
-Software Defined Networking, network automation, data-plane programming.
-Familiarity with any of these or similar tools and systems: Quagga, Bird, FD.io VPP, FBOSS, Wedge, Cisco Lindt, Kafka.
-Network telemetry, key-value & JSON document stores, time-series databases.
- Bachelors Degree-Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Generally requires 5 plus years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer