Director, Human Resources, Southwest Bay/South Valley
The HR Director is responsible for Southwest Bay/South Valley CA Region client groups and participates in the development of Human Resources objectives, philosophy, and strategic planning in relation to programs and initiatives that align with Company and Division business objectives. The HR Director is an experienced HR professional, who has broad experience in various areas of HR expertise. This person builds valuable relationships with internal clients and with region/division/HQ Human Resources groups and develops programs and strategies that assist in meeting business objectives. The HR Director also provides leadership and direction for a team of HR Business Partners, which include support of various functional areas and has responsibility for developing and managing budget.
- Proactively supports the development and execution of Human Resources strategies and processes
- Manages complex and difficult Human Resources Projects cross-functionally
- Builds a strong business relationship with the internal client
- Actively identifies gaps, proposes and implement changes
- Executes the Talent Management strategy, including succession planning for key positions
- Acts as the performance improvement driver and provokes positive changes in people management
- Reviews the organizational structure of the internal client and proposes changes
- Acts as the member of the Human Resources Leadership Team
- Provides support and development of Human Resources team members
- Champions the Comcast culture, drives a positive employee work experience, and high engagement
- Develops, implements, and coordinates policies and procedures for the Human Resources department to establish and maintain an effective department through managing, advising, and motivating department employees.
- Counsels management and employees on disciplinary actions and performance problems.
- Provides support, direction, and coaching for training and development programs.
- Maintains an efficient recruitment/interviewing function to ensure adequate staffing at all levels.
- Develops Human Resources strategies for business groups that includes workforce planning, pay-for performance, talent management, talent acquisition, and succession.
- Partners with business leaders to achieve organization and business alignment.
- Leads department personnel, including direct supervision, hiring, training, and performance management.
- Partners with senior management to develop strategic HR goals, policies, and programs that align with business initiatives.
- Operates HRIS system(s) to maintain appropriate data integrity.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule (s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Generally requires 10+ years related experience
- Team Player
- Effective Negotiation Skills
- Project Management and Change Management Experience
- Strong Business Acumen
- Strong Time Management and Priorities Management
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of applicable labor and employment law
- Unsurpassed record of establishing integrity, credibility, and rapport with HR and client teams
- Must be very detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, analytical, and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver high quality, effective presentations and training programs to diverse audiences
- Proven ability to successfully interact with all levels of employees
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Ability to travel and may require evening and/or weekend work
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer