Performance Eng 4
- Actively participate in an agile development team with daily scrum
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to present and communicate to all levels of the organization
- Develop test strategies using project artifacts as well as in depth interviews of architects and development leads
- Gather business volumetric and assemble workload and transaction information for performance testing, and analyze load testing results providing basic recommendations and outcomes of the test
- Generate load using custom built testing tools or conventional off-the shelf load testing tools like Performance Center, JMeter, etc
- Demonstrated ability to identify performance critical business flows for enterprise web apps and to identify the right load models, etc., to accurately measure performance, scalability and reliability.
- Proven ability through work experience to not only measure and report, but analyze the observations to help the teams quickly root cause the issue. Candidate needs to be familiar with Java and DB performance bottlenecks and how to identify them based on the observed data.
- Strongly proactive and articulate in engaging with the stakeholders including management, to drive the performance testing effort and to help focus the team's attention and drive resolution when necessary, to important performance issues affecting critical applications.
- Design and execute performance test plan to characterize system capacity, performance, availability, resilience, and longevity of a highly scalable systems
- Design, develop and maintain the performance test scenarios that meet the objectives identified in the performance test plans
- Assist with the identification, creation and maintenance of performance test data required to drive workloads
- Troubleshoot performance issues in a complex and distributed system
- Communicate performance testing results and identify areas for improvement with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to collaborate with developers to create a technically sound solution
- Provide interim reports as well as a final report that summarize results to senior management
- Work with business and technology partners to understand new requirements for testing, or improve existing testing capabilities for enhanced coverage
- Manage relationship with development partners by regularly representing the status current and upcoming initiatives as well as hosting sessions to review risks and/or issues
- Emphasize teamwork, communication and coordination across project teams
· Bachelors/Masters of Science degree in a computer science, electrical engineering, information technology or equivalent.
- Good development/scripting skills in common languages like VB, JAVA, PERL, Python, C++, C#, etc
· Knowledge of testing tools; For example, HP ALM, Performance Center, HP Diagnostics, Parasoft Virtualize, Dynatrace, AppDynamics
· Excellent analytical skills and extensive troubleshooting experience
· Continuous Integration (Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo) and Unit Testing (Junit, TestNG, or equivalent)
· Source Control Management (GitHub, Subversion)
· Relational databases (MySQL, Oracle)
· Linux experience (CentOS, RedHat, Debian, Ubuntu, etc.)
· Familiarity with functional QA methodologies
Nice to have skills:
· Previous experience as a developer is advantageous
· Knowledge of cloud & NoSQL/Document databases (MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Cassandra)
· Exposure to open source industry standard test tools, technologies and frameworks
· Container deployment (Docker or related)
Comcast NBCUniversal is an Equal Oppurtunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer.