Sr. Analyst, Strategic Analytics
The Comcast Enterprise Business Intelligence (EBI) Strategic Analytics team is looking for a hands-on analytical thought leader to partner with the Director, Strategic Analytics Care and Tech Ops who enjoys rolling up their sleeves to solve complex business questions through data.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to partner and build successful and strong relationships with the business partners including product teams to find game changing insights through quantitative analysis.
- Proactively identify, prioritize, and conduct analysis that drives meaningful change on KPIs and critical objectives established by the Business Units.
- Be adept at managing competing priorities through planned and ad-hoc requests.
- Have experience working and joining together large, disparate data sets to uncover actionable insights.
- Promote and evangelize a culture of excellence, data driven discussions, healthy skepticism, intellectual curiosity, knowledge sharing and teamwork while maintaining an environment that is upbeat and fun.
- Prepare easy to follow & succinct documents summarizing findings / insights and actions
- Supports fact-based solution strategies for key business issues raised by clients to ensure that all important issues are addressed fully, appropriately, and accurately.
- Leverages analytical background to determine when certain quantitative research tools and models should be used and assists in interpretation and development of implications to address client problems.
- Supports the establishment of policies, standards, best practices, and security measures to assure effective and consistent information processing operations and to safeguard information resources
- Able to filter through the ambiguity of business problems to be able to produce a high-quality work product
- Recommends alternative solutions or adjustments to solutions to correct problems or solidify successes in the perspective of current and proposed operating strategies.
- Identifies and drives system improvements to create efficiencies with regards to cost and performance.
- Sticks to defined goals, strategies, tactics, project plans, timelines, and key performance metrics to reach goals
- Understands the needs of non-technical internal application users, and maintains strong support relationships with Managers, leads, and end-users community in all business areas
- Identifies possible conflicts with the strategy and recommends cost effective alternatives
- Carries out post-event analysis to validate forecast assumptions and identifies all additional factors associated with the change
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to adapt to variable schedule(s) as necessary, and work through other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Highly Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in or willing to learn other analytical tools such as R, SAS or Python
- Big Data Experience a plus working with Hortonworks/Hadoop
- Ability to grasp complex analytic principles and techniques
- Strong business acumen & demonstrated aptitude for analytics that incite action
- "Lean forward" bias to find opportunities and drive results
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to progress multiple projects in parallel
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective communication skills ability to "tell the story"
- Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines and levels
- Work on problems requiring judgment and in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Independently identify key issues, patterns or deviations from norm
- Skill in identifying data issues and anomalies during analysis
- Minimum: BA/BS degree in marketing, economics, statistics, psychology, engineering, computer science, mathematics, or finance
- Preferred: MA/MS degree in a quantitative discipline
- 5+ years work experience (Manager), 3+ years work experience (Sr. Analyst)
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer