Director, L&D - Leadership Inst West Div
Director, L&D Leadership Institute West Division
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. To support these goals, the West Division Leadership Institute will provide powerful learning experiences to prepare talented Comcasters for leadership roles at all levels. Our job is to help shift the mindsets of leaders to raise their leadership game.
The Director, Leadership Institute will be responsible for overseeing Leadership Development initiatives across West Division to maximize performance and meet business goals. Manages and communicates data to assist business partners with making strategic learning decisions and to increase leadership capability, productivity, quality, effectiveness, and retention. Participates in the development and delivery of high- quality, cost-effective learning programs. Develops and implements strategies for Leadership Training delivery. Oversees learning requests and partners with the appropriate college to request curriculum, as needed. Manages team of trainers, coordinators and learning delivery professionals. Responsibility for developing and managing budget, schedule, and plans for training delivery.
The Director's typical day in overseeing the Leadership Institute may include:
- Prepping an executive with talking points for a panel they will participate in during a classroom session.
- Coordinating and leading meetings with executive stakeholders on relevant learning for all levels of leaders
- Creating a data-driven presentation for the business on how the learning that you are delivering is translating to business impact.
- Consulting with a business partner on what the gaps are in leadership performance for all levels across the West Division
- Collaborating with CU College program managers/directors to deliver the best experience learner possible
- Observing leadership trainers delivering content and coaching them to higher level performance
- Manages the ongoing development and trainer certification(s) of Comcast University instructors, managers, and/or program managers. Evaluates current Comcast University employee performance metrics and identifies performance improvement opportunities. Oversees employee performance management.
- Manages the development of program evaluation methods (i.e., completion rates, content quality, class fill rate, instructor productivity, delivery of content and other key success metrics).
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training programs through surveys, reporting, and monitoring of the linkage between curriculum and improved learner job performance. Implements, develops, and maintains course materials and resources, and integrates new curricula, delivery methods, and emerging technologies.
- Creates efficiencies in the delivery of programs by monitoring travel expenses, class size, time to completion, etc.
- Evaluates employee knowledge, skills, and abilities on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborates with University staff, senior management, and other business leaders to assess, develop, and deliver on identified training needs.
- Partners with senior leaders to develop and execute communication plans that inform, set expectations, and facilitate discussion on training needs and solutions.
- Maintains and communicates training delivery forecasts that meet the needs of business partners, while maximizing resources.
- Promotes and markets learning solutions to improve usage and cost/value expectations.
- Participates in budget and billing processes as assigned. Oversees Time and Expense Reports as well as Expenses for team.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Education Level:-Bachelor's Degree
- Years Experience:-Generally requires 10+ years experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer