Big Data Engineer
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
FreeWheel helps the television industry generate revenue from their premium content through a robust technology platform, which enables consumers to watch entertainment on any devices from PC, mobile, set-top box to traditional TV.
FreeWheel's New York Engineering Team is part of a global engineering group that is building advanced and high quality applications, servers and tools to manage million dollar orders, handle billions of daily requests, and process terabytes of raw daily data.
- Continuously design, develop, and test data-driven solutions
- Partner with global engineering, product and operations teams to further incorporate collective innovations
- Work with different teams to design tech solution
- Follow updates in different FreeWheel backend components and contribute to the long-term roadmap for FreeWheel's data strategy
- Drive the optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality
- Improve performance, availability and scalability of our backend systems
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or similar field of study
Good with SQL and database general concepts
Familiar with Linux commands and environments
Proficient with 1"2 programming languages among Golang/C++/Scala/Python/Ruby/Java. Fast to pick up new languages.
Hands-on experiences with data processing or analysis systems is strongly preferred.
Experiences with Hadoop/Spark/Kafka/Presto/etc are strongly preferred.
Experiences with AWS or other Cloud technology are strongly preferred.
Known for being a smart, analytical thinker who approaches their work with logic and enthusiasm
Detail oriented, flexible and can work well in a global team-oriented environment
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Founded by a team of executives from the world's leading technology companies, FreeWheel is building the media operations platform for the unified television market.
Companies including ABC, AOL, DIRECTV, ESPN and NBC Universal depend on our robust advertising management/ monetization platform, leverage our private marketplace for premium television inventory, and seek out our advisory services, so they can generate revenue from their ad supported content.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer