Analyst 3, Engineering Ops (SM/CM)
Responsible for acting as a lead in analyzing, scheduling, and managing
the execution of maintenance activities throughout the entire production
environment at Comcast. The maintenance activities have a direct impact
to the connectivity infrastructure that provides products and services
to Comcast customers. Ensures that maintenance work is seamlessly
coordinated, while minimizing business risk and service availability.
Manages the execution of modifications to the production environments
throughout Comcast, including application and product changes that are
part of the software development life cycle as well as network, servers,
storage, databases and other infrastructure modifications. The team is
chartered as the last line of defense to protect the stability of the
business, mitigate risks, and ensure that there are minimal outages. Has
in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually
determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with
- Develops the master maintenance schedule so that activities are
coordinated between the local markets, divisions, service desks, and
National Engineering. Assesses and resolves any conflicts that could
cause service interruption for the business.
- Manages production change requests from the divisions, local markets,
CET, NE&TO and other Comcast businesses. Coordinates activities between
deployment managers, project managers, release managers, and the
appropriate operation teams.
- Develops and communicates the master production change calendar so
that activities are known across the Company.
- Assesses maintenance work to validate it against production entrance
criteria. Works with internal and external requestors and implementers
to coordinate and execute seamless work. Identifies any potential risks
and impacts with other network and application activities to minimize
custom outages and loss of revenue.
- Works with senior leadership to identify significant events (such as
Comcast Shareholder announcements and major Comcast product advertising)
to implement production moratoriums. Manages escalation requests for
work that needs to happen during these blackout periods. Manages
business critical changes that need to be implemented with minimal
- Performs technical validation of the production modification.
Identifies and resolves all failures to minimize service interruption.
Enforces the Production Entrance Criteria to mitigate risk and minimize
production impacts. Determines if modification requests are production
ready'by verifying impacted elements, technical instructions, test
results, back out plans and resources.
- Analyzes and resolves implementation conflicts that could cause
excessive downtime or introduce risk. Checks systems to ensure that
proper monitoring, alarming, connectivity and other infrastructure
components are working before releasing the change in production. Senior
Analysts will resolve the more complicated problem that are preventing
changes from going into production.
- Investigates third party change notifications to determine potential
impact on Comcast products and services.
- Analysts must leverage current IP routing within Comcast's CRAN and
Backbone networks and Circuit Inventory tools (MetaSolv, CRAMER) to
determine/identify impacted entry point within the Comcast footprint.
Facilitates and supports change management review meetings and change
advisory boards to coordinate activities. Communicates to large
audiences the master production change calendar. Senior Analysts will be
assigned the more complex change areas.
- Maintains and works with fellow Scheduled Maintenance analysts on
ensuring that the operating procedures and users guide documentation is
kept up-to-date. Supports, attends, and /or facilitates scheduled
maintenance go/no go calls on a daily basis. Participates in 24x7
on-call responsibilities as scheduled to ensure proper coordination and
assessment on Emergency and Escalated Production Modifications.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Business, Engineering
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer