Mgr 1, Software Dev & Engineering
Responsible for leading a team of Software Engineers tasked with developing cloud based services and frameworks within Comcast's mid-tier applications and platforms. Collaborates with stakeholders to ensure delivery of high quality software. Has overall responsibility for developing/administering performance standards for organizational unit. Manages team which may include exempt and non-exempt employees. Provides subject matter guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to
drive department efficiencies and assists in the development and meeting of departmental budget.
- Oversees the planning and designing of software and web applications, including
new programs, enhancements, and modifications.
- Provides guidance to Software Engineering team and other departments in
identifying product and technical requirements. Serves as primary point of contact and
liaison between Software Engineering and other teams.
- Directs implementation initiatives for new software products and applications.
Organizes software update process for existing applications and coordinates the
roll-out of software releases.
- Manages all the deliverables to ensure adherence to deadlines, specifications, and
budgets. Implements performance metrics and prepares periodic reports. Monitors and
tracks project progress and reports findings to leadership team.
- Ensures all engineers keep current with technological developments within the
industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products.
- Develops proposals, hardware/software changes and other capital expenditure
- Manages professional and non-exempt employees, conducting work performance
reviews and Ensures work performance is adhering to Company standards. Mentors,
trains and develops staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and
weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer