Principal Eng Software Dev & Engineering
Comcast is looking for an experienced software security team lead to work on its Xfinity X1 devices. Comcast's X1 platform builds heavily on open source software and cloud infrastructure to deliver a best in class user experience for both video and broadband products. With millions of devices using this software stack and increasing threats from cyber-attacks, software security needs to be built into all layers of the platform.
You will be responsible for providing technical leadership for a team that develops security solutions for embedded Linux software on Comcast devices. Duties will include identifying and remediating security vulnerabilities in the platform software, threat modeling, participating in security design reviews and introducing tools and processes to build security into the development workflow.
A successful applicant should have strong embedded Linux development skills and experience of cyber security issues. You will be responsible for interfacing with many different teams both inside and outside of Comcast, so good communication skills are essential. This position is based out of our Sunnyvale, CA office.
Key requirements and experience include:
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science or related subject
- 8+ years of experience in Linux embedded system programming
- Experience of software security concepts such as secure coding, threat analysis or encryption technologies
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Scripting (Bash, Python, Perl, etc.)
Experience in the following areas would also be advantageous:
- Experience with Yocto/OpenEmbedded
- Familiarity with Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, and Jira code development tools
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer