Director, Construction - NGAN
Responsible for oversight of all construction activities in support of new plant construction, rebuilding, and existing plant upgrades. Oversees NGAN work activities of design, survey, and permitting and construction coordination across multiple regions. Works with Field Construction Directors, Construction Managers and cross-functional teams to provide direction and guidance necessary to plan and implement with success construction initiatives in support of new builds, upgrades and other construction efforts. Partners with region leadership to collaborate around construction best practices. Responsible for timelines and construction processes in order to achieve network infrastructure upgrades. Leads cross-functional team to achieve construction objectives.
- Establishes and maintains recommended construction standards and practices.
- Oversees work activities of installation, site survey, trouble call and construction coordination of commercial customers.
- Aligns performance metrics to support the achievement of business, department, and team goals.
- Works closely with division and region staff to ensure consistency and accuracy in reporting, measuring, and monitoring new build and commercial opportunities. Works with cross-functional team to provide forecast and timeline of construction milestones.
- Negotiates pricing; executes and manages the On-Target/Dig-Safe contracts to guarantee the most fluid network underground plant protection operating procedures and the best financial pricing for each region within the division.
- Works closely with Corporate/Legal to ensure that all contractors/vendors meet all Company guidelines for Certificate of Insurances and Company Master Agreements.
- Leads and directs the Division Design Center team. Ensures accuracy of all plant design.
- Directs/Oversees all projects within the region.
- Works with commercial lead to develop and execute overall strategies that will support both residential and commercial initiatives.
- Practices and ensures Company safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Finance
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience
- 50% Travel
- Knowledge of Design functions
- Knowledge of eGIS applications
- Knowledge of Construction Agile practices
- Ability to manage Capex, materials and expense budgets
- Working knowledge of contracts and SOW (Statement of Work)
- Experience with regulatory challenges, PUC requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Network upgrade experience coax and fiber a plus
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer