Manager 1, Software Development & Engineering
Manager 1, Software Development and Engineering
Responsible for leading a team of Software Development Engineers in the planning and designing of software and web applications. Manages projects from design to testing, including new programs, enhancements, and modifications. Collaborates with Quality Assurance team to conduct testing. Has overall responsibility for developing/administering performance standards for the development team.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customerfacing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fastpaced environment.
- Oversees the planning and designing of software and web applications, including new programs, enhancements, and modifications.
- Provides guidance to Software Engineering team and other departments in identifying product and technical requirements. Serves as primary point of contact and liaison between Software Engineering and other teams.
- Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies and assists in the development and meeting of departmental budget.
- Directs implementation initiatives for new software products and applications.
- Well versed in Agile/SAFe methodology and has practical working experience
- Manages all the deliverables to ensure adherence to deadlines, specifications, and budgets. Implements performance metrics and prepares periodic reports. Monitors and tracks project progress and reports findings to leadership team.
- Ensures all engineers keep current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products.
- Manages professional and nonexempt employees, conducting work performance reviews and ensures work performance is adhering to Company standards. Mentors, trains and develops staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science
Generally requires 6 to 9 years related experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
6+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Technically competent and has some knowledge and expertise in java application and working in a big data environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fastpaced environment
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer