CoMPASS Jr Product Manager Merlin/Syndication
Be part of an innovative technical product team envisioning and delivering the future of the X1 platform. Our CoMPASS team develops core metadata platforms behind the X1 experience, from powering Search and Voice Remote to integratingnew content providers and enabling video delivery for our X1 Syndication partners in the US and Canada. The CoMPASS Junior Product Manager will work closely with X1 product, engineering and program teams on new feature delivery for Comcast and partners. This person will also use tools and usage data to provide insights about team and platform performance through portfolio reporting, platform metrics and KPIs.
While at the crux of delivering new video features to X1 customers, this role is highly technical and requires a strong understanding of data models and APIs. The ideal candidate will have work or co-op experience in a technical product or analytics environment with demonstrated aptitude for decomposing user experiences and data into underlying constructs. This person should also have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and a desire to work with a variety of teams in a complex, dynamic organization.
- Work closely with product and technical teams to identify requirements and align roadmaps and backlogs
- Prioritize engineering backlogs according to business priorities and technical dependencies to ensure timely and accurate feature delivery
- Define user story requirementsand acceptance criteria for business and platform objectives, including metrics and KPIs to assess platform and feature performance
- Maintain and communicate team roadmaps and release schedules for individual engineering areas and cross-team reporting
- Develop concise and effective presentations and communique for executive, business and internal audiences
- Accurately represent teams and platforms' status to product, engineering and program stakeholders
- Familiar with API requirements/specifications and principles of platform-as-product
- Ability to relate product use cases and requirements to applied data models and metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and advanced presentation and reporting skills in Microsoft Excel/Powerpoint or Apple equivalents
- Data analysis and visualization for research, communication, and marketing purposes. SQL, Splunk, Tableau/Kibana/Grafana experience desirable.
- Experience with JIRA, Rally and other workflow tools
- Passionate, adaptable, independently driven and comfortable working in hybrid, fast paced development environmentswithin a large matrixed organization
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Military Experience Valued
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer