Sr Manager, Policy & Legislative Analyst
Responsible for assisting with local legislative, regulatory, and public policy matters. Monitors and analyzes legislation, policy, and regulatory trends impacting the local markets Comcast serves. Project manages multidisciplinary review of legislative initiatives and legislative drafting.
- Provides leadership and support to Government Affairs personnel at HQ and in the field in the: review, analysis and tracking of local legislative and regulatory activity throughout the legislative and regulatory lifecycle.&
& - Monitors, tracks and analyzes legislative, regulatory and policy trends, activities and opportunities at the local level that are of priority interest to our local external, regulatory and government affairs policy interests, keeping our various resource platforms updated.
- Drafts model legislation and/or regulation, and prepares legislative and regulatory mark-ups, amendments, and testimony as necessary.
- Reviews, interprets, and communicates meanings of the terms and conditions of local legislation and regulation for implementation to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory standards.
- Prepares and designs internal and external communications and advocacy materials, including: infographics, PowerPoint presentations, factsheets, strategic briefings and campaign materials to highlight our policy positions and local legislative and regulatory matters.
- Coordinates and supports relationships with business, industry and policy coalitions regarding local policy, legislative and regulatory initiatives that are of common interest.
- Manages the relationship with resource vendors, especially local legislative and policy tracking vendors, to ensure our platforms are properly licensed and serviced.
- Serves as project manager in having materials collected, printed and presented in advance of meetings/events.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Generally requires 3-5 years of legislative, regulatory or policy analysis experience.
- Experience with local legislative drafting.
- Understands the drafting and amending process, as well as the associated legal language.
- Excellent drafting, writing, negotiating, problem solving, and communications skills.
- Experience with engagement, advocacy, and legislative databases such as Quorum are a plus.
- Exposure to the cable, broadband, telecommunications, or technology industry experience is a plus.
- Law degree and municipal practice or significant experience with local Government Affairs including legislative drafting.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Superior writing, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team of talented, independent professionals.
- Ability to manage multidisciplinary project/issue teams, and work effectively with business leaders and other legal, government affairs, external affairs, policy and regulatory professionals.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with high quality work product and results.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer