Business Intelligence Developer
This development role has been created to enrich data, design and create interactive dashboards to provide our Marketing, Research, Product and Wireless groups the necessary tools to analyze results and trends to ensure continued success in their wireless initiatives. Will work closely with all business units; understand their purpose and intended goals so that information can be incorporated into the end result.
This Dashboard Developer must possess the skill-sets necessary to hit the ground running and must be willing to learn about the wireless business while solving problems quickly.
- Interacting with IT Business Analysts and / or our business partners to acquire the information necessary for product design.
- Following written requirements to help design databases and develop dashboards to support our customers.
- Designing options to display interactive data; reviewing with clients and determining a final design.
- Suggesting alternative ways to group, filter and sort aggregate data for optimal presentation possibilities.
- Working independently with others while engaging in multiple initiatives simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Resolving business process conflicts as they relate to project specifications.
- Reporting project statuses to IT Management staff as required
- Extensive experience working with Business Intelligence data visualization tools, optimally with specialization on Tableau versions 9 & 10.x.
- Design and implement proof of concept solutions and create advanced BI visualizations. (Preferably Tableau Desktop)
- Recommend Dashboards design / layout visualization features based on business requirements.
- Experience with data warehousing concepts and data modeling best practices.
- Strong knowledge of large database optimization practices (indexing, partitioning, etc.) in Hadoop and / or Pentaho environments.
- Excellent understanding of relational database concepts, impact of various designs on performance.
- 6+ years of strong SQL (Oracle dialect preferred).
- Experience with Microsoft reporting and ETL tools such as SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, Visual Studio.
- Familiar with all aspects of Software Development Life-Cycle.
- Experience with other industry standard dashboard tools such as MicroStrategy, QlikView, Zoomdata, etc.
- Strong background in user interface design and workflow management.
- Ability to research and come up with innovative solutions to problems with little to no up-front information.
- Advanced skills in MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpretation communication skills.
- Experience in a Cable, Telcom or a Wireless company is a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer