Responsible for providing legal support and guidance for technology transactions and matters affecting one or more of the business units and/or corporate headquarters. Provides advice and recommendations on complex business and technology issues that have or may have a significant impact on business activities and operations. Operates with minimal supervision and regarded as a subject matter expert in technology and licensing transactions.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including, but not limited to, license and distribution agreements and product development agreements for advanced broadband and digital media products and services, new technologies, and related businesses.
- Counsel and advise product and business development teams on strategic partnerships, e-commerce agreements, and legal and customer requirements across a wide range of product offerings and platforms.
Additional Responsibilities-General Duties within Comcast Law Department:
- Provides legal counsel in a particular subject area of expertise and/or to a specific business unit or units. Dispenses legal knowledge and expertise impacting business operations. Works closely with front line management and staff.
- Performs legal research when and as necessary to resolve legal issues and determine the appropriate course of action regarding a particular issue/case. Consults with and supervises outside counsel to develop legal strategies and resolve issues in routine matters.
- Operates with a moderate level of supervision with no direct management responsibilities.
- Carries out/performs duties consistent with strategic plans and directives as determined by more senior level management and attorneys.
- Consistent exercise of sound judgment and discretion in all matters.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Law Degree. Top 20% of class preferred.
- Member of a state bar in good standing, and eligible for Pennsylvania Bar or Pennsylvania Limited In-House Corporate Counsel License.
- Minimum 3- 5 years of related commercial transactional experience, preferably with a recognized law firm and/or corporate legal department.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate creative solutions to accomplish the company's objectives.
- Excellent drafting, negotiating, problem solving, and communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management and operations personnel, simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistently high quality work.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with health-related technology products and related regulations, including HIPAA/HITECH, FDA, and state rules on PERS/biometrics would be a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer