Sr. Network Engineer
Responsible for detailed design, implementation coordination, and
technical lead level resourcing for new product integration across
Comcast's converged IP Network, at a market or infrastructure level.
Accountable for monitoring and influencing relevant standards bodies
across Transport and IP layer to influence and incorporate emerging
technologies that reduce costs, increase flexibility, and drive better
scale across Comcast Infrastructure. Design, beta and launch new
integrated voice, video and data products across Converged Network.
Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a
key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or
projects and shares expertise.
- Applies tactical and strategic approaches to design and new product
introduction; balances constraints and opportunities to drive
engineering consensus for new product introduction and methodology.
- Interfaces across the ecosystem to ensure thorough vetting of
- Leads matrixed teams, and serves as network technical liaison with
adjacent product and engineering teams to ensure smooth introduction of
- Produces, reviews, and coaches junior engineers’ job roles in detailed
design work, SMOP creation, and operations execution of complex change
across converged environment.
- Work in a heavily matrixed environment, and act as integrated team
member or leader with virtual teams to shorten R&D and Design cycle for
new products and network evolution.
- Creates and documents high-level, detailed network designs.
- Communicates applicable design guidelines and provides guidance to
- Strong initiative to build relationships both internally and
externally with minimal supervision/direction from management.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- CCNP required; F5-SEL/SEG preferred; Perl, Python UNIX Scripting
languages a plus
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer