Sr Dir, Local Govt Affairs & Advocacy
Reporting to the Cable HQ Vice President of Government Affairs, Local Advocacy and Intergovernmental Affairs, coordinates local legislative and issue management grassroots advocacy and manages coalition development with multi-jurisdiction local government affairs field organization. Works in close partnership with State and Local government affairs, External Affairs, and Communications to maximize advocacy resource availability.
- Build and manage and mobilize local grassroots campaign capabilities.
- Assist in the building of local coalitions and coordinating national coalitions across multiple jurisdictions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of local legislative advocacy strategy.
- Develop and manage distribution of consistent issue advocacy materials to field government affairs advocates.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 7-10 years of professional-related experience with municipal legislative affairs, issue advocacy, public affairs, and/or grassroots advocacy.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Demonstrated political campaign, field organizer, or issue management experience.
- Multi-jurisdiction experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proven ability to lead and excel in an extremely fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer