Sr. Lead designer Xfinity Mobile Core Product Team
The Xfinity Mobile Core Product Team is seeking a Sr. Lead Designer to help us reimagine and deliver a new mobile service experience to millions of people across the nation.
The ideal candidate would be a versatile service design professional with a mix of skills in UX, UI and Visual Design, paired with a minimum of 3 years of design leadership. As a Principle Designer, you will lead as a "player-coach" that is equally comfortable hands on in the work while also leading a small feature teams.
Being Product and Service Design minded are table stakes but you'll also need a mastery of soft skills that help you lead work, designers and successfully build relationships with stakeholders and ship products.
As a Principle Designer, you'll be challenged to use the full extent of your skills, from design leadership to stakeholder management, from sketching and wireframing to research planning and workshop facilitation. Along the way, you'll have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, while having a lasting impact on some exceptional and unconventional product experiences.
The ideal candidate:
- Holds advanced design skill and knowledge. Leads a team on complex projects, typically at a product level. Provides leadership, mentoring, and guidance to all organization levels.
- Has a significant operational impact on their own immediate team mentoring others, leading projects, and functioning as the technical voice of the team, as well as strong collaboration outside of their team with other groups. Does not directly manage people.
- Thought leader in design, and prototypes for web, mobile, and other digital delivery platforms, driving solutions through their own and other teams.
- Keeps current on cutting-edge design industry trends and educates others on it.
- Leads strategy, design, and future development of a product across multiple platforms.
- Has the ability to innovate and evaluate at a senior level, thinking strategically across multiple platforms.
- Takes proactive initiative on all projects with a strong sense of ownership; emulates curiosity and innovation, instills trust in others.
- Drives product evolution.
- Analyzes competing products, and user behavior results; evaluates new and existing products and design requirements.
- Partners with Brand, Product, and Engineering to conceptualize, design, and prototype complex key user flows and interactions.
- Has a demonstrated track record of in-depth and complex design exposure and successful project delivery; decision-making capabilities should include a strong capability to establish and lead all details of design architecture across their product.
- Evaluates stakeholder feedback and user behavior to compile and present quantitative and qualitative strategic vision and findings to executive leadership.
- Acts as a key contributor on multiple complex projects
- Is comfortable as a player-coach that is hands on in the work and also leads a small project team at a feature level.
- Contributes to user experience strategy, designs, and prototypes for web, mobile, and other digital delivery platforms.
- Assesses product and design requirements and executes interaction design and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Partners with Product and Engineering to conceptualize, design, and prototype key user flows and interactions.
- Conducts stakeholder interviews, analyzes customer feedback, usability and researches user behavior to enhance existing products.
- Compiles and presents to senior leadership quantitative and qualitative ideas, sketches, research findings and other required deliverables.
- Helps develop, mentor, and train other designers.
- Develops processes and procedures to drive design efficiencies.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders on product direction and design. Assigns projects to appropriate XD resources.
- Builds strong relationships and operating rhythms with leaders inside and outside their core product team to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well informed.
- Has worked on an in-house product team at either a startup or enterprise (ideally both)
- A deep understanding of and experience shipping products in an agile environment
- Extensive experience in mobile and web application design interface and interaction design (android, iOS, Responsive Web)
- Experience working on onboarding, account management and ecommerce experiences
- Experience with industry standards for building user interface (accessibility, responsive design, grid, performance)
- Understands the design process in modern software organizations (problem statements, design hypotheses, sketching, wireframes, click-throughs, high fidelity mocks, prototypes of all levels of fidelity)
- A deep passion for both technology and creativity
- Expert level skills with Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Keynote, and Creative Suite.
- Prototyping tools such as: Flinto, Principle, Proto,.io
- A Principle Designer does not directly manage people
- 7-10 years of experience
- 3 years of design leadership
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer