Software Engineer in Test, X1 Sports App
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you love being on the cutting edge, we would love for you to be a part of changing Comcast's history.
We're looking for a dedicated and passionate Software Engineer in Test to join the X1 Sports team in Sunnyvale to help drive the overall quality of our sports experiences as our team grows rapidly. You'll be working on our X1 Sports App product that delivers an amazing sports experience to our customers.
- Product quality responsibility by analyzing and testing the quality of the codebase.
- Decision making affecting architecture of the test codebase including which software to use for writing test code.
- Write automated test code, using the same standards as a Software Engineer, that allows for repeatable, reliable testing solutions to test the wide functionality of products and software, maintaining automation codebase in a version control system (GIT). Includes writing RESTful API automated scripts and proficiency in Java.
- Develops and maintains code that validates middleware using the latest tools and common programming languages.
- Provides input into various software development lifecycle stages.
- Partners with software engineers to write efficient automation code using coding standards and best practices.
- Executes automated code and creates comprehensive execution reports for team.
- Repairs complex broken automation scripts, and performs peer reviews of automation codebase.
- Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong understanding of Core Java
- Able to assess a feature or function definition and determine if it can and should be automated
- Strong understanding of testing back end systems (HTTP, REST, Tomcat Apps)
- Good analytical and observational skills
- Sharp eye for catching bugs both functionally and visually
- Ability to design automated tests based on project plans and product functionality
- Good technical skills balance with a strong quality ethic
- An inquisitive mind and ability to think creatively
- Ability to grasp technical problems and their implications quickly and take appropriate action
- Ability to quickly learn and become proficient with complex applications
- Knowledge of quality assurance, quality control and defect management
- 3-5 years of automation experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Experience in some of the exciting technologies our team works with every day is a major plus:
The latest evolutions of Java, Tomcat, Linux, Cloud Services (OpenStack, AWS), Github Enterprise, Splunk
About the Comcast X1 Sports Team
Comcast's X1 Sports team in Sunnyvale is part of Comcast's Technology & Product group. We're building the next generation of sports experiences for the Emmy-award winning X1 Platform. Looking for an environment with a startup vibe where your ideas affect millions of users and go from conception to deployment in a matter of days or weeks instead of months? Our team is looking for talented, focused and dynamic people to build a growing set of products. We are looking for people who thrive in a dynamic, cross-functional, collaborative and casual culture where passionate, skilled people let the best idea win.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer