Sr Manager, Legal Technology Ops
The Senior Manager-Legal will join the Legal Technology Operations group, reporting to the Senior Director of Legal Technology Operations. We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Manager with demonstrated skills in the Corporate Legal Technology Function. This team member will be responsible for end to end implementation of various legal technology tools, participating in the requirements gathering, solutions analysis, implementation, and validation testing in each project. The role will serve as a liaison between Legal end users, Comcast/NBCUniversal IT function, and 3rd Party Cloud Vendors, so the ability to successfully communicate across functions is integral.
Key Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Lead project teams and the hands-on execution and delivery of various Legal Technology Projects such as contract management, compliance systems, legal systems, etc.
- Oversight of requirements gathering, functional/technical analysis, and design activities related to existing and new legal applications.
- Develop integration processes across various systems.
- Production of professional and clearly defined functional and technical documentation. Including business requirement documentation, technical requirement documentation, workflow diagrams, visibility/workflow structures etc.
- Develop integration processes using Web Services, API and third-party integration tools.
- Adhere to information security and audit requirements.
- Work to continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of systems.
- Create and maintain system interface diagrams, functional designs, and technical specifications.
- Lead the definition, testing, implementation and support of legal system requirements with legal stakeholders.
- Lead process improvement and technical solution analysis to deliver the best possible resolution to our business customers.
- Build relationships and collaborate with Legal practice groups and IT functions across Comcast/NBCUniversal
- Act as liaison between Law Department attorneys and staff, IT and outside vendors to translate business needs into technology solutions for the Law Departments.
- Proactively foster relationships with Law Department leaders to develop and implement technology initiatives based on identified requirements.
- Function as project manager for the design and implementation of systems, including understanding user and system requirements, training, support, communications and change management processes.
- Manage the selection, implementation, administration, user training, user support and reporting for all Law Department applications including iManage Work, Contract Management, NDA automation, BPM tools, compliance systems, matter management, ebilling and other applications.
- Promote user adoption for Law Department applications and monitor application usage.
- Responsible for department-wide communications regarding operational/technology matters.
- Manage and mentor employees and act as a senior leader in the Legal Technology Operations group.
- Manage vendor relationships for Law Department applications. Assist in the annual budgets and allocate resources (i.e., people and expense dollars).
- Lead vendor negotiations and onboarding process.
- Bachelor's Degree (CS, MIS or related major preferred)
- 5+ years relevant experience in a Legal operations or working within or on behalf of a corporate legal department or law firm highly preferred
- Background in leading projects (hands-on), clear understanding of technology and how to implement both 3rd party and internally developed applications
- Advanced technical knowledge with a focus on implementation of 3rd party cloud systems (e.g.: Salesforce, AWS, etc.)
- Ability to translate legal requirements into technical solutions is essential
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity and professionalism at all times.
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve issues.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience with change management strategies and implementation
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team in an extremely fast-pace, evolving environment
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer