Tech 2, Technical Support (Service Policy Assurance)
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
As a member of the Service Policy Assurance Team, the Technician 2 ensures the subscriber's digital connection (Internet or other) is secure and free from nuisance or malicious threats, including spam / mail, viruses, spyware and others. Similarly, the technician also ensures the use and transmission are within Comcast's Acceptable Use Policies. This technician is the primary liaison with the customer when solving security problems.
- Investigates, documents and resolves abuse and fraud-related security issues, including application of the following technical aptitudes:
- Familiarity with security concepts such as Spam, Spyware, Viruses, Bots/Botnets.
- Intimate knowledge of remediation software for security protection and breaches.
- Application-level knowledge of email protocols (how email works, etc.)
- Practical and technical knowledge with hardware, firmware, software and concepts such as routers, firewalls and mail protocols.
- Responds carefully to abuse, fraud and security related phone, email and chat requests for support.
- Capacity to observe, process and discuss highly sensitive information, as well as, media, that may be controversial or offensive in nature, as relates to customer security issues that could have possible legal implications.
- Tracks events in Remedy Ticketing System.
- Reviews customer security and policy discretions, and educate customers to prevent future occurrences.
- Ability to discretely and diplomatically resolve issues with Comcast customers via telephone, email and chat while respecting both the customer and company privacy.
- Works with vendors and outsourced partners to resolve issues (via phone, email and chat).
- Availability to work specified schedule (rotating shifts or second, third shift as agreed at time of hire).
- Ability to work overtime, as needed.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Generally requires 2-5 years' experience
- Familiarly with security concepts such as Spam, Spyware, Viruses, Bots/
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Comcast is anEOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.