Eng 2, Software Dev & Engineering
Comcast’s Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience.& From creating exciting products like X1 and new features such as the Voice Remote on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use, and accessible across all platforms.& The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
We have an exciting role for a DevOps Engineer in Comcast’s SE ACE team. Our team works closely with our internal and external partners to develop, qualify, deploy, and support multiple back office platforms for Video technologies across all LOBs. Efforts within the SE ACE organization help ensure a world-class customer experience for the millions of Comcast customers on our X1 platform applications and more!
We are looking for a highly motivated engineer who will help drive change and help others to continuously come up with better solutions to evaluate product quality, performance and the customer experience; as well as make suggestion for improvements. We are looking for someone who does not just know how to solve problems, but who helps define the problems and direction, creates value, and pioneers new frontiers.
- As a DevOps engineer and team member you will be assigned user stories in any of the following disciplines: Development; Test; Deployment; Operations; Automation; Tooling; Monitoring
- Full participant in On Call rotations; Daily SCRUMs; Iterative planning, grooming, retrospectives, Demos;
- Develop, test and deploy reliable, efficient and cost-effective automation solutions leveraging modern frameworks across multiple environments and using modern test approaches
- Work closely with onshore DevOps teams, Product and Development owners, in defining user story requirements.
- Drive automation development of new functionality ahead of, or in, the same iteration in which its’ user story was completed. Immediate automation.
- Deliver high-reliability, cost-effective automation solutions to be used by offshore and onshore DevOps teams
- Able to adapt development, test, and automation solutions to the fast-paced DevOps paradigm
- Produce documentation of overall automation design, operation and test coverage
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance; able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Automation Tools/Frameworks – Basic to advanced experience with – Behavior driven, Keyword driven and Hybrid frameworks and built-in frameworks like Junit and TestNG, Cucumber, Fitnesse, Selenium.
- Performance automation tools- Bonus- Gatling, Jmeter, HP Performance Center
- Operating Systems: Proficient in Linux, Unix
- Networking: Basic to advanced networking knowledge and concepts: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SSL
- Virtualization: Basic to advanced experience with VMWare VSphere
- CI Build and Repository tools: Basic to advanced experience with Jenkins, GitHub, Maven
- Deployment automation: Bonus-Ansible; Docker; Kubernetes
- Traffic Shaping Technologies: Bonus-HAProxy, Nginx
- Programming Languages:
- Mandatory- Java/JEE, Bash/Shell Scripts, Basic Web Technologies
- Databases: Mandatory at least one: MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra
- Caching/Queing Technologies: Bonus – RabbitMQ, Kafka, SQS, RIAK, HBase, Redis, Hazelcast
- US and Defect tracking tools: Basic to advanced experience with Jira and ALM
- Reporting Tools: Splunk, Graphana
- Monitoring: Nagios, etc
- Troubleshooting: Ping, traceroute, curl, wget, tcpdump, nmap
- Security best practices: public/private keys, vpn, vip and securid, radius
Education and Work Experience:& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & &
- BS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field/ MCA
- 2+ years of experience in development
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle with preferred experience in working in Continuous Integration (CI) software release and related tooling
- Proven ability to troubleshoot problems and provide solutions
- Willing to deliver high quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment.
- Good understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology and DevOps
Strong written and verbal communications skills; able to effectively present&
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer