Sr. Analyst, SAP HR BW Visualization
HR analytics is responsible for the management of HR analytics reporting capabilities for the company. This department leads the analysis of Comcast's human capital to generate insights on key challenges and opportunities within HR and in cross-functional initiatives to enable data-driven business decisions and evaluation of people impacting initiatives.
This role will be responsible for the success of the HR analytics team by supporting the SAP HR Business Warehouse analytics and leveraging SAP Business Objects (BOBJ). Primary work includes building intuitive visualization dashboards and analytic reports through easy to use portals and mobile devices to increase the analytical competency of HR professionals.
Additional work includes stakeholder requirements gathering, training, documentation, testing, developing, supporting, and serve as an in house analytics, visualization and SAP HR BOBJ subject matter expert. This role will be responsible for assisting HR analytic strategies to ensure they align with company and division business objectives across functional HR areas. Also, this role will consult and propose solutions to HR and business leaders to meet their team's analytics needs.
- Build intuitive visualization dashboards and analytic reports through easy to use portals and mobile devices to increase the analytical competency of HR professionals.
- Define and document visualization functional requirements with other partner groups to understand requirements needs. Partner groups include HR analytics, HR Business Partner, Finance, Enterprise Business Intelligence, and HR centers of excellence.
- Perform data exploitation, manipulation, analysis and identify insights with HR data and possibly productivity related data. Extract insights from data, integrate information with other data sources and compiles/disseminates formatted results to employees.
- Recommends improvements to HR KPI reports, dashboards, visualizations and interpretation of data in HR Business Warehouse and other Comcast databases.
- Plans and executes system and functional testing. Includes testing dashboards, SAP BEX queries, coordinating with UAT testers, and coordinating with HR system and technology team for regression and automated testing.
- Leads the analysis and reconciliation of data and KPI projects and initiatives delivery.
- Develops, maintains, and tabulates all relevant metrics and applies findings to develop appropriate goals and projections.
- Trains others throughout the organization in using key analytical dashboards, visualizations, and forecasting tools as necessary.
- Support the design, development and deployment of Executive dashboards.
- Propose solutions as well as alternative solutions based on requirement needs.
- Develop optimal analytical report and visualization designs, including design thinking in performance and user experience.
- Provide front end visualization and report modifications. Work includes partnering with backend development team when needed.
- Troubleshoot problems and determine root cause analysis.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5-7 years related experience
- Key skills and Behaviors
- Must have 2+ years of visualization designing and building experience: BOBJ, Tableau, Micro strategy, Cognos. Preferred experience with Design Studio, Lumira, and Webi.
- Must have 5+ years as a functional role in gathering requirements and working with business users. Experience gathering/analyzing requirements and translating them into detailed functional specifications for backend SAP system developer.
- Must be able to teach end users. Meeting them at their expertise level and inspiring them and educating them to self-sufficiency.
- Solid understanding of integration touch-points with other HR systems.
- Solid creative thinking, analytical skills, learning agility, decision making, problem solving, reasoning, and visualization skills and abilities.
- Experience collaborating with developers and users for customized development.
- Experience planning, writing and executing test plans.
- Fluent with tools to document business requirements/processes MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
- Preferred experience with SAP HCM suits include BO 4.x, Webi, Lumira2.0, BI Launch Pad, Design Studio 1.6, Query Browser, BICS, and BEx.
- Preferred experience of developing dashboards that have drill-down capabilities in Webi Reports or Tableau.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Strong interest in designing/building visualizations and working with code.
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and demands and proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of complex information.
- Demonstrated negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer