https://tv.xfinity.com/-Watch TV series and top rated movies live and on demand with XFINITY Stream. Stream your favorite shows and movies anytime, anywhere!
Billions of requests. Millions of Customers. Be part of Comcast's TVX Advanced Application Engineering Web team! Our team designs, builds, and operates the XStream web application https://tv.xfinity.com.
As a member of the Web team you will work with other engineers and DevOps practitioners to produce mission-critical applications & infrastructure, tools, and processes that enable our application to delivery a first rate IP video experience.
- Knowledge of web libraries and frameworks such as AngularJS, Closure or Backbone is required
- Web components and/or Google Polymer experience is preferred.
- Integration experience with REST API's is preferred.
- Test-Driven Development (TDD) experience is preferred.
- Agile experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Edits new and existing applications.
- Implements, testing, and debugging defined software components.
- Documents all development activity.
- Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.
- An understanding of the principles of accessibility and can build products that are accessible to users with disabilities.
- Analyzes and determines integration needs.
- Evaluates and plans software designs, test results and technical manuals.
- Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Programs new software, web applications and supports new applications under development and the customization of current applications.
- Edits and reviews technical requirements documentation.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Military Experience Valued
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer