Sr. Director, Strategy for VACT
You must be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, eager and willing to work collaboratively with stakeholders in adjacent products and organizations. Must have no less than 15 years proven track record of rapidly delivering video technology products to market. Previous experiences should include projects with a mix of software and hardware dependencies in a video engineering capacity. Technical architecture and strategy experience with a track record of building successful technical teams are essential.
- Provide overall engineering leadership for the VACT organization
- Drive technical strategy, architecture and operational readiness for all new initiatives for new technology initiatives.
- Contributes in the creation of new product ventures from operational perspective, including process to hire technical leaders, setting budget and goals, and guiding decision making around external collaborations/investments.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all necessary internal engineering organizations, and our technology vendors to ensure a well-integrated development process and technical outcomes across platforms.
- Manage and drive technical elements of projects from the planning stage through prototype and implementation.
- Represents the VACT team to Comcast Senior Leadership for strategic vision and roadmap discussions
- Partners with other leaders within the VACT organization in delivering a unified approach to strategic initiatives, department direction and development.
- Perform financial analysis for engineering development and technical operations.
- Architect efficient and scalable technical solutions for new ventures, ensuring their thoughtful integrations into Comcast's infrastructure and legacy operations
Skills & Requirements
- 15+ years of hand-on video technology experience, 10+ years of engineering team management, 5+ years in technical leadership roles.
- Understanding of REST/SOAP/JSON APIs.
- Understanding cloud-based infrastructures such as Aws and OpenStack
- CS, EE Advanced degree or equivalent experience.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and willingness to drive innovation through a complex organization
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to articulate complex technology simply
- Able to confront tasks and problems with an innovative and open mind approach
- Ensures our position as the industry leader for compression and distribution
- Keen business process intuition, strong interpersonal skills, and a team-player approach
- Proven ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
About Comcast VACT (Video Acquisition and Compression Technology)
VACT(Video Acquisition & Compression Technology),is a startup division within Comcast's Technology and Product Division and spun out from IP Video and online projects originated within Comcast Interactive Media and is based in Centennial, CO. We are a cloud-based, IP video infrastructure that's been built to deliver a broad mix of on-demand video, live TV streams and an assortment of other digital media to an array of connected devices in the home.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer